Sophos SafeGuard PortProtector
Stop data leakage through endpoints and removable media
SafeGuard PortProtector controls every endpoint and every device over every interface and guarantees easy-to-use and flexible information leakage prevention. It monitors real-time traffic and applies customized, granular security policies for all types of interfaces and external storage devices, including:
- Physical interfaces: USB, FireWire, PCMCIA, Parallel, Serial, etc.
- Wireless interfaces: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Infrared (IrDA)
- External storage devices: Removable media, CDs/DVDs, floppy drives, et cetera
SafeGuard PortProtector detects and allows restrictions of device type, model or even specific serial number. SafeGuard PortProtector enables administrators to block all storage devices completely, permit read-only mode or encrypt all data on devices. In addition, administrators can monitor, block and/or log files that are written to or read from these devices.
In addition to SafeGuard PortProtector, the comprehensive SafeGuard PortAuditor helps administrators visualize who is connecting to corporate endpoints. With SafeGuard PortAuditor, administrators can distinguish between secure productivity enhancers, such as authentication tokens, and potential security threats, such as mass-storage MP3 players. Using this report data, IT management can enforce granular security policies that meet your specific business needs.
- Provides enhances information security, preventing data leakage and theft, enterprise penetration and the introduction of malware
- Protects data-in-motion, encrypting data on external storage devices and tracking offline usage
- Quickly and easily deploys via Windows Installer or standard software management systems
- Simplifies management, with seamless integration with Microsoft Active Directory® and Novell® eDirectory™.
- Runs transparently in the background, ensuring no change in user working habits and no end user training is necessary.